Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Arm Knitting

I had never even heard of arm knitting until a customer came into the store the other day with a beautiful scarf, which I admired. She told me her daughter had "arm knitted" it for her.  Curious, I had to go onto YouTube and investigate for myself what "arm knitting" consisted of.  After watching a few videos my thought was "I can do this!" One evening after everyone else in the household had gone to bed (I actually didn't want to have anyone see me in case I ended up in a tangled mess!) I pulled a skein of Red Heart Boutique Shashay yarn from my stash and tried it out.  Within 20 minutes I had a scarf knitted - but I thought I could do better so I raveled it out and tried again.  I am not exaggerating when I say you can knit this scarf in 20 minutes! I have ordered several colors of this yarn for the shop, and when it comes in we will plan a demo/class to show how easy it is to make this scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment